Gmail is the Key to Success
As a website owner, you cannot ignore the worlds most popular search engine. Google has come to dominate the world of search engine marketing. You will need a Gmail address to access the large suite of business tools.
- Gmail – Gmail is email that’s intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access.
- Google Drive – Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.
- Google My Business – Make sure your business looks great on Google Search, Maps and Google+ for free.
- Google Merchant Center – The place to upload your product data to Google and make it available to Google Product Search and other Google services.
- PageSpeed Insights – Use PageSpeed Insights to find out how to make your web pages fast on all devices.
- Webmaster Academy – Learn to create a great website with valuable content and have it findable in Google Search.
- Google AdWords – Advertise your business on Google and reach new customers with AdWords.
- Google Analytics – Use Google Analytics to measure behavior across websites, apps, and devices to make better, data-driven decisions.
All of these Google services use a Gmail address to login and manage. The bottom line, if you have a website you NEED a Gmail address.
The numbers above represent the world-wide search engine market share. In the United States, Google accounts for 90% of all searches preformed by users. Regardless from where searches originate, you cannot ignore the massive amount of traffic Google commands.
Now that you have all of your Google accounts setup and connected to your website the real work begins. If you have WordPress, you have a head-start on 75% of all other websites. Google writes its search algorithm with WordPress in mind. What this means is that the WordPress software structure is designed for Google.
With the help of the SEOYoast plugin, website owners can easily optimize their websites to score high on the search engines. This handy tool scores your page and gives suggestions on how to increase your Page Rank for any given keyword.